Friday, June 20, 2014

Robb Long shoots aerial footage with his DJI Phantom 2 of the flood of 2014

Had the opportunity to really put my DJI Phantom 2 to the test when I decided to head down to the Southeast part of South Dakota to capture some footage of the Flood of 2014. I decided to keep to a small town so I could get footage of how the flooding took hold of Brandon, SD damaging property from roadways, farms, the golf course and a race track.

This was tons of fun but difficult at the same time as I was flying blind because I didn't have my FPV set up quite yet. Technology used was the Phantom 2 drone, Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro Hero 3+ Black 2.7K @30P Protune, 3 stop ND Filter and of course mounted some anti-vibration pads under the props and to the back of the camera. I graded all this in GoPro's Studio.

Thanks and hope you enjoy!

2014 Flood in Brandon, SD "From Above" "LET BUFFER FIRST FOR BEST PLAYBACK" from Robb Long Imaging on Vimeo.
  

1 comment:

macelis said...

The best company of drone are provided best services for uav follow us:- When it comes to your security, the most modern way is the Police drone that keeps you safe and secure. You can also have Real Estate drone, which would keep everything in order. If you are worries about the Drone parts like DJI Zenmuse parts, and others, then feel free to visit the site to get information about the various parts.